APJ Technologies Data Policy
- About us
APJ Technologies is a South African software company based in Mbombela, with the company registration number 2016 / 456725 / 07 having its registered office situated at 22 Ferreira Street, Mbombela, South Africa (hereinafter referred to as “APJ Technologies”).
- Contacting us
If you require further information relating to APJ Technologies and our privacy practices, please contact us at this email address: email@example.com
- Protecting Your Privacy
- What information do we hold?
Most of the personal information that we may collect about you through this website is given to us at your own will. We typically collect personal data:
- as part of our client engagement procedures,
- when you submit a demo request, you would fill in the details in the contact form or provide your contact details via the website chat;
- when your company provides services to us or refers clients to us
- When you contact us voluntarily in other circumstances such as when seeking employment or traineeship with us or other reason as the case may be.
The personal information we collect from you normally includes the following:
- Name and Surname;
- Company Name
- Email address
- Telephone/Mobile Number
- How do we use your data?
Irrespective of the manner that we have collected your personal data, we will only process such data for the purposes of providing you with our services or purposes which are strictly related thereto, including the fulfilment of any legal or regulatory obligation imposed on us (if applicable).
We will use your personal data:
- To contact you in relation to services provided by APJ Technologies in case you have engaged us to provide you with such services and/or purchased our products;
- To contact you when you have willingly provided your contact details to request further information with respect to the services we provide.
- To manage our relationship with you or your company, including for billing and debt collection purposes;
- For the purpose of legitimate interest pursued by us or by a third party, provided that such interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms;
- For the purposes you would have requested when providing us with your personal data; and
- To Keep you updated with software updates, new products and other relevant news where it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- On the basis of your explicit consent, in which case we will process your data for the purposes for which your explicit consent was requested. Data may be processed on the basis of consent when you apply for a job at APJ Technologies and you wish that we retain your personal data for the purposes of being contacted with future potential job openings. Personal data may be processed on the basis of consent when we communicate with you certain updates in case we do not have a legitimate interest to send you such communications.
- Where does the personal data we hold come from?
Your data was shared with us by you when purchasing the software, signing an agreement or requesting a demo of APJ Technologies’ software. For suppliers this data was provided at your request when you commenced a supply of services to us.
We may also process your data because:
- We are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our services; or
- it is in ours or a third party’s legitimate interests to do so.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information in a form which permits identification of individuals for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or for any longer period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. When we are acting as data processors, at the choice of the data controller, we shall delete the personal data of the data controller permanently after the end of the provision of services relating to processing and the settlement of the outstanding bills unless we are required to retain personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements and in the event that we have reasons to believe that personal data is to be retained for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Where is your personal data stored?
- Keeping your Data Safe
We shall keep your personal data secure and shall commit to take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, including against accidental loss, destruction, storage or access. Your personal data may be stored in paper files or electronically on our technology systems.
- Your rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data held by APJ Technologies including:
- Right of access: you have the right to obtain confirmation whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and, where that is the case, receive a copy of such personal data;
- Right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Right to erasure: in certain circumstances you may request that we delete the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to object: you have the right to object and request that we cease the processing of your personal data where we rely on our, or a third party’s legitimate interest for processing personal data;
- The right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where technically feasible, have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hinderance from us where:
- The processing is based on consent or on a contract;
- The processing is carried out by automated means
- The right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data with the supervisory authority for data protection matters, namely the Information and Data Protection Commissioner;
- Right to restriction: you have the right to request that we stop using your personal data in certain circumstances, including if you believe that we are unlawfully processing your personal data or the data that we hold about you is inaccurate;
- The right to withdraw consent: where our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- The right to be informed of the source: where the personal data we hold about you was not provided to us directly by you, you may also have the right to be informed of the course from which your personal data originates.
In case you are a client of APJ Technologies and have an ongoing relationship with APJ Technologies, we may contact you about any updates of the software or other relevant news and updates on products on the basis of our legitimate interest to keep you informed of such updates. In this respect, you have the right to opt-out and to object to receiving any further such communications from us.
In terms of applicable laws, your rights in relation to your personal data are not absolute.
You may exercise the rights indicated in this section by contacting us or our designated person in privacy and data protection matters firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accuracy of the Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us by sending an email to email@example.com
- Access to Information?
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You can make your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your information, send an email to email@example.com and our Data Protection Officer will investigate the issue in further detail and, if necessary, take all the necessary measures to ensure it does not happen again.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the data protection authority in your home country (for data subjects based in Malta you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://idpc.org.mt/en/Pages/Home.aspx